Texas Longhorns DKR Event Guide
DKR-Texas Memorial Stadium History
Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium opened in November of 1924 with an initial seating capacity of 27,000. Originally comprised of the main east and west stands, DKR has undergone numerous upgrades over the years and stands now as the biggest football venue in Texas, with a seating capacity of 100,119. Future expansions will make it the largest football stadium in the United States.
DKR-Texas Memorial Stadium Location
The Texas Longhorns play their home games at Darrell K. Royal Memorial Stadium in Austin, Texas. The capacity of DKR is over 94k, but Texas there will be over 100k fans in attendance at a big game. The stadium has two primary levels, a lower-level and upper-level. There are a variety of desirable places to sit at DKR, but the most sought after areas are:
- Chairback seats on West side of DKR (Sections 3-6)
- Club-level chairbacks on East side of DKR (Sections 27C-30C)
- Endzone chairbacks w/ Touchdown Club access on North side of DKR
In addition to stadium suites, there are five areas within DKR for hospitality:
- Centennial Club (9th Floor, West side)
- Chair Back Club (North endzone)
- Corral Club (aka: Endzone Club, South endzone)
- Texas Club (East side between 20-yard lines)
- Touchdown Club (North endzone)
There are also two hospitality areas right outside DKR; the Champions Club (formerly Goal Post Club) and the University of Texas Alumni Center. It is also only a short walk from DKR to the tailgating lots. TicketCity has an exclusive tailgate party for each UT home game just a block away from Scholz Bier Garten.
The East Side Club opens two hours prior to kickoff.