TicketCity and TripCart.com Unite to Help Fall Foliage Fanatics Plan a Colorful Weekend
Unique Fall Weekend Ideas Attract Sports Fans, Concert Go-ers, Urban Travelers, and Foliage Hunters to the Big City for Spectacular Shows.
AUSTIN, TX, September 1, 2009—Later this month, as temperatures begin to cool and leaves begin to turn, millions of travelers are expected to take to the road in pursuit of fall foliage in the Northeast, and when they do, TicketCity and TripCart.com will be there to provide recommendations for natural sites of interest, as well as live events they won’t want to miss along the way such as baseball, football and Broadway.
TicketCity, one of the largest secondary ticket providers in the world, partnered earlier this year with TripCart, the most comprehensive online Road Trip Planner and travel reference site. Together, they have taken the guesswork out of planning exciting things to do while chasing fall’s ever-changing colors. Booking weekends full of sports and entertainment through the sites’ revolutionary combinations of enticing content and robust, interactive technology has made the information gathering process a breeze. Not to mention TicketCity’s reputation for outstanding customer service, abundant seating options and guaranteed reliable transactions.
This fall, TripCart, TicketCity, and good ol’ Mother Nature herself present foliage fanatics and sports enthusiasts a weekend of colorful indulgence in the Northeast’s favorite cities.
Fall foliage tours aren’t limited to small towns in Vermont or the Rocky Mountains anymore and aren’t exclusively about the trees and leaves. “We’ve included a special section on the best places to view the season’s colors within the urban jungle,” explains TripCart CEO Elliot J. Cohen, “TripCart now provides the details of fall foliage travel within the five boroughs of New York City, in and around Philadelphia, and in the greater Boston area. When people visit a big city, they’re not confined to visiting just the flora and fauna, either. TicketCity provides up-to-date recommendations for post-season baseball, the hottest NFL games, concerts and Broadway shows – all available at their fingertips. TicketCity provides TripCart.com visitors direct access to event tickets as they plan their fall foliage trip.”
Using data from Google Maps alongside up-to-date information from TicketCity on baseball, football, Broadway shows, concerts and other live events, TripCart and TicketCity provide weekend travelers with the best places to go and what to do when they get there.
Other highlights of TripCart’s unique Urban Fall Foliage Guide include information on hundreds of scenic spots and routes, including:
• Lunch among leaves and life at Massachusetts’ Great Meadows National Wildlife Refuge.
• Drive through cranberry country just south of Boston along State Road 105, along twinkling ponds and red-gold forests.
• Combine rich fall foliage with rich American history at Philadelphia’s Valley Forge National Historic Park.
• Take a break from city hubbub and hike through tranquil, colorful Van Cortlandt Park in the Bronx.
• Hop on Metro-North for a moving view of Hudson Valley Fall Foliage or grab the subway to Brooklyn’s Prospect Park for a nap under the color-changing trees and then a stroll through trendy Park Slope.
For those travelers looking to supplement their nature exploration with spectacular live sports or entertainment events, TicketCity offers no shortage of ideas to choose from:
• Catch the U2 360 concert tour at Gillette Stadium in Boston on September 20, 2009.
• See Dave Matthews Band in concert at Susquehanna Bank Center in Camden, NJ on September 19-20.
• Celebrate the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame benefit event at Madison Square Garden on October 30, 2009.
• Support the New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox with tickets for events as they head into postseason baseball.
• Enjoy NFL action with the New England Patriots, Philadelphia Eagles, New York Giants and New York Jets tickets throughout the entire NFL season.
• Kickoff the NBA season with tickets to the New Jersey Nets, New York Knicks or Boston Celtics.
• Explore Broadway and all of its offering including tickets to shows such as The Lion King at Minskoff Theatre, and Wicked at the Gershwin Theatre.
“While watching the leaves turn is high on the list of popular things to do in the fall, it’s also a great opportunity to experience all the live events in the nearby area, whether you’re traveling with children, adults, or even if you’re on a business trip. TicketCity offers a variety of events and seating options to suit any travel budget,” states Amy Carpenter, Vice President of Marketing at TicketCity.
Travelers are encouraged to mix and match nature with culture to create an itinerary that captures the best of fall foliage, entertainment, and fun. For more information on TripCart, or to begin planning your next excursion within the United States, visit www.tripcart.com. For details on the hottest sports or entertainment tickets, visit www.ticketcity.com.
A leader in the secondary ticket industry, TicketCity sells tickets for all college sports, championship events and other live entertainment events, from the professional football and concerts to Broadway theatre. Founded in 1990, TicketCity is a trusted source for secondary market tickets to events around the world. TicketCity partners include NBC Sports, Scout and RootZoo. TicketCity has been named to Inc Magazine's prestigious Inc 5000 list in 2007, 2008 and 2009.
Founded in 2005, TripCart is positioned to revolutionize the $95 billion online travel market with a unique solution targeting what analysts are calling the greatest growth area for Web 2.0 travel services: activity-based online trip planning. Through partnerships with the full range of travel suppliers, TripCart is the first site to integrate real-time data from Google Maps, editorial from expert travel writers and personalized itinerary creation. Led by a team of hi-tech senior Israeli executives, the privately-funded firm boasts a winning combination of patented technology, innovative strategy and attractive, intuitive design. For more information, visit www.tripcart.com
Liz Link, Communications Manager
Elliot Cohen, CEO