The following positions are currently available at TicketCity:
Systems Administrator (Full-time)
TicketCity, a small privately held ecommerce and services company, is looking for a passionate and energetic administrator to join its team. Already a leader in the secondary ticket distribution industry, we're expanding our infrastructure and need someone with a broad technology background to help. Come work with our team to take our automation and scale to the next level!
As the systems administrator, you'll be responsible for maintaining IT infrastructure throughout the company. One part of this role includes purchasing, configuring, and maintaining hardware and software for employees. An equally important part of this role is in working as a member of the development team on architecting, provisioning, and monitoring production server environments. At TicketCity, every member of our team is able to provide ideas and input into what we are building, and how we're building it.
If you're passionate about automation and want the opportunity to establish a DevOps practice somewhere, this is the role for you. An ideal candidate will have some experience with scripting and automation, and a desire to learn more about tools like Puppet or Chef. Our environment is a hybrid of Windows, Linux, and Mac OS, so comfort with a hybrid environment is key.
This is an opportunity to work for a fun, rapidly growing company. TicketCity offers a friendly environment with a strong, supportive team atmosphere. We have twice been a finalist in Austin's Best Workplaces competition and have also been voted one of Austin Business Journal's Fastest Growing companies seven times.
- Maintain all office technology including network, workstations, development and production environments, printers, phone system, mobile devices, etc.
- Provide support of Microsoft desktop suite of applications (such as Office, IE, etc.)
- Monitor and manage production server environments, backups, and performance
- Collaborate with development team on architectural guidance and planning
- Define and manage security best practices throughout company
- Respond to system alerts; troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Design and implement tools and solutions to enhance workflow
- Manage vendors and service subscriptions (certificate renewals, anti-virus, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience supporting end users and troubleshooting problems in a production environment.
- Windows systems administration experience supporting Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, and enterprise anti-virus
- Understanding of core networking concepts: DNS, TCP, SMTP, SNMP, HTTP(S), SSH
- Experience managing a Linux environment, including provisioning and package management
- Experience with building, automating, and deploying environments using tools including but not limited to Puppet.
- Familiar with at least one scripting language
- Experience with virtual servers and cloud environments
- Experience in VOIP phone systems a plus
- Experience with technologies used for high traffic websites (CDN technologies, web app firewalls, etc.)
The Systems Administrator position is a full-time position located in Austin, TX. Applicant must be willing and able to work at least 40 hours per week. For immediate consideration please send your cover letter with salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 512.421.1956.
Austin, TX area candidates only. Must be eligible to work in the US. No agencies please.