The following positions are currently available at TicketCity:
Network Administrator (Full-time)
TicketCity, a small privately held ecommerce and services company, is looking for a passionate and energetic administrator to join its team. Already a leader in the secondary ticket distribution industry, we're expanding our infrastructure and need someone with a broad technology background to help. Come work with our team to take our automation and scale to the next level!
As network administrator, you'll be responsible for maintaining network and IT infrastructure throughout the company. You will be the architect of our network from the virtual cloud servers, through the firewalls, all the way down to the workstations. Our workstations and servers are blends of different technologies (Windows, Mac, Linux). The best person for the job will be someone who enjoys learning different technologies to find the best tool for the job.
This is an opportunity to work for a fun, rapidly growing company. TicketCity offers a friendly environment with a strong, supportive team atmosphere. We have twice been a finalist in Austin's Best Workplaces competition and have also been voted one of Austin Business Journal's Fastest Growing companies seven times.
- Maintain day-to-day operations of firewalls, switches, VPN, and wireless equipment
- Monitor network and servers for performance, and capacity planning for growth
- Secure workstations and servers, along with all points of access to the network
- Purchase, configure, and install new physical or virtual servers for development or production
- Purchase, configure, and install new workstations for employees
- Coordinate and manage backup strategies for office and server environments
- Collaborate with development team on architectural guidance and planning
- Manage vendors and service subscriptions (certificate renewals, anti-virus, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Understanding of core networking concepts: DNS, TCP, SMTP, SNMP, HTTP(S), SSH
- Windows systems administration experience supporting Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, and enterprise anti-virus
- Experience managing a Linux environment, including provisioning and package management
- Experience with virtual servers and cloud environments a plus
- Experience in VOIP phone systems a plus
- Experience with technologies used for high traffic websites (CDNs, web app firewalls, Varnish) a plus
The Network Administrator position is a full-time position located in Austin, TX. Applicant must be willing and able to work at least 40 hours per week. For immediate consideration please send your cover letter with salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 512.421.1956.
Austin, TX area candidates only. Must be eligible to work in the US. No agencies please.