Las Vegas Bowl Event Guide
Sam Boyd Stadium is the home of the UNLV Runnin’ Rebels football team and the venue for the MAACO Bowl Las Vegas. The Stadium, which opened in 1971, has been known as Las Vegas Stadium, Las Vegas Silver Bowl and Sam Boyd Silver Bowl. In 1994 it was officially named Sam Boyd Stadium. The horseshoe shaped stadium is named after a famous Vegas hotel and casino pioneer and owner. The stadium's capacity is set at 40,000. It is one of the smaller stadiums in the Mountain West Conference.
Along with purchasing stadium seats, there are three unique ways in which fans may view the MAACO Bowl Las Vegas. These are from the VIP seats located between the 40-yards lines on each side of the field, from the VIP Club at the Field, which is located in the end zone, and from Luxury Suites.
The VIP seating between the 40-yard lines offers a premium viewing experience of the game and benches. These are some of the best seats in the stadium. The VIP Club at the Field offers fans a unique view of the game as they watch the action from field level. Complimentary food and beverages are available throughout the game.
There are 16 Luxury Suites located on the west side of Sam Boyd Stadium. All suites contain refrigerators, sinks, cabinets, and plush carpeting, private restrooms and ultra-comfortable seats. Glass enclosed and heated or air-conditioned at the perfect temperature this is the perfect place to enjoy one of the best views in the house.
The stadium is just seven miles from the famous Las Vegas strip and is located on the UNLV campus. The venue's official address is 7000 E Russell Rd., Las Vegas, NV 89122.
For security reasons there is no re-entry into the stadium if fans leav during the game.
The following is the code of conduct for all fans in and around Sam Boyd Stadium.
- Failure to follow the directions of law enforcement, security, ushers, ticket takers, or any other stadium personnel can lead to ejection and/or arrest.
- Fighting, taunting, or engaging in any action that may harm, endanger, threaten, or bring discomfort to anyone in the stadium.
- Sitting in a seat other than one’s ticketed seat location or refusing to produce one’s game ticket upon request by stadium personnel.
- Possession or use of any illegal drugs or irresponsible use of alcohol.
- Loitering in concourses, aisles, tunnels or stairs.
- Use of foul, abusive, or obscene language or gestures.
- Damage, destruction, vandalism, or theft of any property.
- Unauthorized use of disabled seating platforms or any seating designed for persons with a disability.
- Engaging in any action that causes a disruption, creates an unsafe environment, interferes with the game, or hinders the enjoyment of the game for others.
- Mistreatment of opposing team fans, including verbal abuse, harassment, profanity, confrontations, intimidation, or threatening behavior.
- Refusal to remove or turn inside-out clothing deemed offensive or obscene upon request by stadium personnel.
- Tailgating will continue to end 30 minutes prior to the start of the game.
- Security and police will begin moving people out of the tailgating lots.
- Failure to follow this Code of Conduct may result in ejection/trespass from the stadium, revocation of ticket privileges, and/or arrest. Although Season Ticket Holders may provide their tickets to others, the account holder of record is responsible for the actions of those using their tickets.
- All patrons are subject to search.
- All items brought into the stadium are subject to search.
- Refusal to cooperate will result in non-admittance into the stadium.
- Management is not responsible for items lost, stolen or damaged.
There are numerous large lots surrounding the stadium. Although there is plenty of parking, popular events can result in lots filling up. Fans driving to the MAACO Bowl Las Vegas should leave a few hours prior to the 5 p.m. kickoff.
RVs, buses, trailers, box trucks and all vehicles exceeding a length of twenty-two (22) feet and height of eight (8) feet are not allowed in the UNLV Star Nursery Fields. Those with driving these types of vehicles may use the South Lots, outside of the Star Nursery tailgate area in the surrounding parking lots.
Travel lanes must always be kept clear and open. No vehicles may be parked in road and parking lot travel lanes. No items may be placed in travel lanes. No one may save a space for another driver. Illegally parked vehicles and/or those left unattended following the shut down of the tailgate area may be towed. Towing expenses are the responsibility of the vehicle owner. For the sake of safety, golf carts, mopeds, scooters, ATVs and go-carts are not permitted any parking lots.
There are tailgating spaces available in the Star Nursery lot.
Tailgaters may enjoy amplified music but it must be confined to each individual group’s tailgate area and speakers must be directed towards the specific tailgate party. All music must be turned off by game time. Live musical bands are not allowed at tailgating the site. Any music that is deemed inappropriate to others in the area may be terminated by authority of the MAACO Bowl Las Vegas.
Tailgaters may enjoy catered food in their individual spaces. The Thomas and Mack/Sam Boyd Stadium Food and Beverage Department are authorized to provide catering services. In order to use an outside catering service fans must first get approval from the stadium’s Food and Beverage department.
Tents larger than 10' x 10' are not permitted unless approved by the MAACO Bowl Las Vegas. Due to limited space oversized tents, bouncers, or any inflatable structure are not allowed in any Sam Boyd parking lots including the Star Nursery Fields. Staking or the digging of holes in the parking lots are not permitted.
Devices promoting/contributing to excessive consumption of alcohol are prohibited.
- Fire Pits/ Bon Fires
- Public Address Systems or excessively loud stereo systems that play abusive or derogatory lyrics that disrupt the tailgating experience of others.
- No advertising vehicles or signs.
- No apparel, souvenirs, food or beverage may be sold.
- Open fires (i.e. fire pits, bon fires, etc.) are not permitted on any UNLV property. Gas and charcoal grills (for cooking only) are permitted, but charcoal must be taken from the tailgate area upon leaving. Owner assumes all responsibility associated with their grill. All grease and trash must be disposed of in the proper receptacles.
- Ignition of any type of fireworks is not permitted so as to not endanger persons, buildings, structures, property, brush, automotive vehicles and/or equipment, etc.
Concession Stands: Concession stands are located throughout the stadium and sell pizza, burgers, fries, sandwiches and other types of food.
Disabled Patrons: Parking for disabled patrons is located in the Scarlet lot on the Northwest side of Sam Boyd Stadium and the East Lot on the Southeast side of the stadium. There are 72 spaces available on a first come, first served basis. The lots are accessible by presenting a valid state-issued handicapped parking permit to stadium officials upon entrance. The handicapped individual must be in the vehicle when entering the lot.
There are numerous events associated with the MAACO Bowl Las Vegas. These include a Welcome Reception at the ESPNZone; a Media Conference and Luncheon at the Las Vegas Convention Center; a Team Charity Visit to Sunrise Hospital; Show Night on the famed Las Vegas Strip; the Las Vegas Buffet Bowl and traditional Pep Rally at the spectacular Fremont Street Experience; and a Kids Day and a Pre-game Tailgate Party at Sam Boyd Stadium.
The Vegas Strip: Yes, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. And there’s a lot to do on the strip, including casino gambling, sports betting, poker, various concerts, comedy acts and variety shows and much more.
Madame Tussaud's Interactive Wax Experience: You’ll find world leaders, top entertainers, sports stars, Vegas personalities and cultural icons all rendered in life-like accuracy in wax. Location: 3377 Las Vegas Blvd., South Suite 2001, Las Vegas, NV 89109. Telephone: (702) 862-7800. URL: https://www.madametussauds.com/LasVegas/
Siegfried and Roy's Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat: This research and education center features exotic animals, including white lions, black panthers and golden tigers. Enjoy a VIP guided tour with an educational expert as your guide. Location: 3400 Las Vegas Blvd. So., Las Vegas, NV 89109. Telephone: (702) 792-7684. URL: https://www.miragehabitat.com/pages/index_flash.asp
Craftsteak: Here you have an American steakhouse as created by celebrity chef Tom Colicchio. This restaurant utilizes the finest in meats and produce to create entrées that will dazzle your taste buds. On-hand, there’s a collection of over 200 different brands of scotches and whiskies. Location: 3799 Las Vegas Blvd. S., Las Vegas, NV 89109. Telephone: (702) 891-7777. URL: https://www.mgmgrand.com/restaurants/craftsteak-steak-house.aspx
Lahaina Grill: Set in a 24-hour gaming lounge, this restaurant offers an island atmosphere and indoor and outdoor dining. Unique sushi rolls, seaweed salad and a Maui Seafood Platter with King Crab legs, mussels, clams, scallops and shrimp are on-hand. Location: 4570 South Hualapai Way, Las Vegas, NV 89147. Telephone: (702) 309-9911. URL: https://www.lahainagrill.com/
Shibuya: Stylish and delicious, this Japanese restaurant, which features a magnificent marble sushi bar, is located at the MGM Grand. Location: 3799 Las Vegas Blvd. S., Las Vegas, NV 89109. Telephone: (702) 891-3001. URL: https://www.mgmgrand.com/restaurants/shibuya-japanese-restaurant.aspx
Ghostbar: Trendy, chic and upscale, this 8,000 square foot establishment offers an indoor-outdoor lounge and sky deck on the 55th floor of the Palms Casino Resort. This is a magical place to have a drink or two or more. Reservations are a must! Location: 4321 W. Flamingo Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89103. Telephone: (702) 942-6832. URL: https://n9negroup.com/#/ghostbar/main/
Nine Fine Irishmen: Premium beers, wines, whiskeys and more are here. This bar is passionate about drink. You’ll find exotic mixed drinks, traditional Irish food and a great atmosphere for fun and frivolity. Location: New York, New York Hotel and Casino, 3790 Las Vegas Blvd. South, Las Vegas, NV 89109. Telephone: (702) 740-6463. URL: https://www.ninefineirishmen.com/index2.asp