Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium opened in November of 1924 with an initial seating capacity of 27,000. Originally comprised of the main east and west stands, DKR has undergone numerous upgrades over the years. Today it is widely regarded as one of the finest football stadiums in the country, with plans already in place to expand it even further.
The Texas Longhorns play their home games at Darrell K. Royal Memorial Stadium in Austin, Texas. The capacity of DKR is just over 100,000 but there will be a few thousand more fans in attendance at any big home UT game. The stadium has two primary levels, a lower-level and upper-level. There are also "club levels" that are located in North Endzone and on East Side. There are a variety of desirable places to sit at DKR, but the most sought after areas are:
- Chairback seats on West side of DKR (Sections 3-6)
- Club-level chairbacks on East side of DKR (Sections 27C-30C)
- Endzone chairbacks w/ Touchdown Club access on North side of DKR
In addition to stadium suites, there are five areas within DKR for hospitality:
- Centennial Club (9th Floor, West side)
- Chair Back Club (North endzone)
- Corral Club (aka: Endzone Club, South endzone)
- Texas Club (East side between 20-yard lines)
- Touchdown Club (North endzone)
There are also multiple hospitality areas outside DKR including Bevo Boulevard, the Texas Exes Alumni Center and numerous tailgating lots. There is also the famous Scholz Bier Garten, which is a half mile from DKR, and offers an extensive selection of beers and football foods.