2023 Texas OU Game Tickets
Fans love this game, and most generally believe this game is the greatest rivalry game in college football. You can attend hundreds of college football games and not capture the atmosphere of the Texas OU game. That experience drives thousands of fans from each side of the Red River to purchase tickets from us each year. That demand means that Texas OU tickets typically start around $400 per seat. Lowers often go for $700 or more per ticket.
Texas vs Oklahoma is played at the Cotton Bowl, which is a neutral site an equal distance from Austin and Norman. The historic Cotton Bowl Stadium in Dallas has Longhorn fans in burnt orange in half of the stadium and crimson clad Sooners fans on the other side. If you a Longhorn fan, you sit in the Burnt Orange sections and fans of OU should only side with their fellow Sooner fans. No fan at this game wants to sit with their opponent.
The UT side of the Cotton Bowl has a lower level which includes Sections 7-23, along with a portion of Sections 6 and 24 which are split between Sooners and Longhorns. The upper-deck on the Texas side of the field includes Sections 107 through 127, and a piece of Sections 106 and 128, which are again sessions that are split in half to provide equal access for fans.
The OU side of the stadium includes Sections 25-105 on the lower-level and Sections 105-129 on the upper-level. Inside tip: since the Cotton Bowl made the transition to mobile tickets, the wait times to get inside the stadium have gone up so make sure you lineup to go in at least 1hour before kickoff.
The Sooners and Longhorns have played on the field over 115 times. This game is important for the Big 12 (and national) standings as the Horns and Sooners are typically competing to be in the Big 12 Championship Game. More on the Texas OU here, including the best places to sit.
Texas OU Game Insider Tips
- Arrive 2-3 hours early to enjoy some time at the Fair.
- TX/OU game ticket provides free access to the Fairgrounds.
- Try the Fletcher's Corn Dog.
- The lines to get inside the stadium are long. Go in an hour early through the endzone sections.
- Do not sit in your opponent's sections.
- The concession lines are really long inside the Cotton Bowl at halftime, so get a "pass out" coupon from an usher to run outside to the food stands on the fairgrounds.
- It's always HOT at Texas-OU. Wear a hat, lots of sunscreen and buy a few extra waters. Buy tickets under the overhang in Sections 4-8 and 22-26.