Austin City Limits Festival Passes
Among the most popular events we handle is the annual Austin music festival, ACL Festival. The outdoor music festival takes place each fall at Zilker Park right here in our hometown of Austin, Texas. The three-day festival plays over two consecutive weekends with the same headliners and lineup generally playing both weekends. The festival draws crowds from around the country who come to spend a weekend in Austin enjoying amazing music and a fun time in the heart of the city.
ACL features over 150 musicians, artists and bands each year which means that every music fan will have certain artists they enjoy. There are 8 stages across the park that ACL artists play on throughout the day. The gates on Friday open around Noon and the shows finish on Sunday night once the last headliner completes their set. The headliners go on each night around 8pm and the shows end around 10pm.
Zilker Park is conveniently located in Central Austin, so fans can walk to the park from many areas of downtown or use a ride share or scooter. Once inside the festival, there is plenty of delicious food and beverages that are sold by some of Austin's coolest restaurants. ACL attendees can bring in chairs and blankets which many folks do to have an area to relax and listen the music.
Fans can purchase an ACL 3-day wristband, or buy single day wristbands for Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Single day or three-day passes are available for both Weekend One and Weekend Two of the festival. The wristbands for ACL are General Admission so fans can go stake out the area in the park they want to hang out to see their favorite performs, although there are no reserved spots. The prices on wristbands vary greatly from year-to-year but they typically cost $300 or more. Daily passes can be anywhere from $75 to $250 per day depending on the artists performing that day.
Fans looking for a premium ACL experience often come to us seeking VIP wristbands. There are some VIP wristband options that we offer for each day (or for 3-days). These may be Platinum wristbands, VIP wristbands or the like. Each specialty pass provides access to a viewing area that is closer to the stage. In addition, certain passes will provide access to a premium lounge area where fans can enjoy delicious food and beverages while cooling off in the shade.
2023 ACL Festival Lineup
Which artists will headline Austin City Limits Music Festival this year? The full lineup for the festival is announced each Spring, including the headliners for each day. The lineup is likely to follow the lead of recent years by including a mix of rock n roll, hip hop, country, electronic and pop. The music spans across many genres and truly has something for everybody.
The lineups for the recent ACL festivals include popular acts like: The Chicks, George Strait, Kasey Musgraves, Lil Nas X, Miley Cyrus, Pink, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Tyler the Creator, Duran Duran, Billie Eilish, Rufus Du Sol, Mumford & Sons, Machine Gun Kelly and many more. Other popular artists that had the crowd buzzing in recent years include the Black Pumas and Jack Harlow and Lizzo, who many ACL veterans say had the biggest crowd they had ever witnessed. Musgraves and Lauren Daigle also put on acclaimed performances.
- 2024 - (lineup of artists to be announced soon)
- 2023 - Foo Fighters, Kendrick Lamar, Mumford & Sons, Shania Twain, Niall Horan, & Odesza.
- 2022 - Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pink, The Chicks, Kacey Musgraves, Paramore, Lil Nas X & SZA.
- 2021 - George Strait, Billie Eilish, Stevie Nicks, Miley Cyrus, Rufus Du Sol & Erykah Badu.
- 2020 - (Cancelled due to Covid)
- 2019 - Guns N Roses - Childish Gambino - Cardi B - Mumford & Sons - Lizzo - Kacey Musgraves - The Cure
- 2018 - Paul McCartney - Metallica - Childish Gambino - Arctic Monkeys - Travis Scott
- 2017 - Red Hot Chili Peppers - Chance the Rapper - The Killers - Gorillaz
- 2016 - Radiohead - Mumford & Sons - Kendrick Lamar - LCD Soundsytem - The Chainsmokers
- 2015 - Foo Fighers - Drake, The Weeknd - Florence & The Machine - Disclosure
- 2014 - Eminem, Outkast, Pearl Jam, and Beck
- 2013 - Depeche Mode, The Cure, Muse, and Lionel Richie
- 2012 - Black Keys, Neil Young, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Jack White
- 2011 - Kanye West, Stevie Wonder, Arcade Fire and Coldplay
- 2010 - Phish, Muse, The Eagles and The Strokes
- 2009 - Kings of Leon, Dave Matthews Band, Pearl Jam and Ghostland Observatory
- 2008 - Foo Fighters, Robert Plant, Beck and David Byrne
- 2007 - Bob Dylan, Bjork, The Killers and Muse
- 2006 - Van Morrison, Tom Petty, Willie Nelson and John Mayer
- 2005 - Black Crowes, Oasis, Coldplay and The Allman Brothers Band
- 2004 - Trey Anastasio, Wilco, Big Head Todd, Ben Harper, Cake, Sherly Crow, The Killers, & The Pixies
- 2003 - REM, Miranda Lambert, REK, Jack Johnson, Liz Phair, Dwight Yoakum & Spoon
- 2002 - Arc Angels, The Gourds, Grupo Fantasma, Bob Schneider, & Wilco
During the two weeks of ACL Festival there will be a handful of special shows around Austin that include many of the top artists performing at the festival. These "Late Night Shows" are one of the most popular elements of the music festival as fans may get the opportunity to see their favorite musician performing in a small venue. The ACL Late Night Shows are separate from the ACL Music Festival, which means they require you to purchase a separate ticket to attend each of these shows. The lineup of ACL Late Night Shows will be announced in the lead up to the festival. The artists and venues are set by the festival promoters, and will be listed on the event listings on the venue page for that location. The Austin venues that typically host ACL Late Night Shows include: Antones, Emos, The Mohawk, The Scoot Inn, and Stubbs Amphitheater.