Where are the best places to stay when in-town for ACL Festival?
Hotel rooms book up very early for ACL, so make sure you mark your reservation well in advance. There are a variety of good spots downtown that are a short ride or walking distance – those include; the W, the Four Seasons, the Hyatt Regency and the Hilton. For a truly special experience book a room at the Driskill Hotel or Stephen F. Austin Hotel – these two historic hotels are located right on Congress Avenue in the heart of downtown Austin. The Hotel San Jose and Hotel Saint Cecilia are hip spots on South Congress that cater to festival goers.
What are the best restaurants to eat at when in Austin for ACL?
If you are coming to Austin, then you need to try the BBQ or TexMex. The hot spots for barbecue are Franklin’s and Salt Lick. Also check out Iron Works, which is old school barbecue and Lamberts, which is fusion barbecue. The best TexMex in Austin are Matt’s El Rancho, Maudie’s, Chuy’s, Santa Rita and Lupe’s Tortillas. Vivo or Fonda San Miguel are not traditional TexMex, but excellent choices for Mexican food.
What year was the best lineup at ACL Festival?
Picking the year that had the best ACL Festival lineup is like picking your favorite color – it is entirely subjective. With 100+ bands there is truly something for every music fan. Selecting the all-time best ACL lineup, just based on the headliners, is difficult, but it would be hard to top the 2005 or 2006 lineups just based on pure rock star power.
- 2015 - Foo Fighers - Drake, The Weeknd - Florence & The Machine - Disclosure
- 2014 - Eminem, Outkast, Pearl Jam, and Beck
- 2013 - Depeche Mode, The Cure, Muse, and Lionel Richie
- 2012 - Black Keys, Neil Young, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Jack White
- 2011 - Kanye West, Stevie Wonder, Arcade Fire and Coldplay
- 2010 - Phish, Muse, The Eagles and The Strokes
- 2009 - Kings of Leon, Dave Matthews Band, Pearl Jam and Ghostland Observatory
- 2008 - Foo Fighters, Robert Plant, Beck and David Byrne
- 2007 - Bob Dylan, Bjork, The Killers and Muse
- 2006 - Van Morrison, Tom Petty, Willie Nelson and John Mayer
- 2005 - Black Crowes, Oasis, Coldplay and The Allman Brothers Band
Where can I find a 2018 ACL Day by Day Schedule?
The day by day lineup for 2018 ACL will be available a few months after the festival lineup is released.