One of the golf world’s premiere events is the Ryder Cup. The Cup was first played in the United States in 1927. Its founder, Samuel Ryder, was an English golf enthusiast. For Ryder the idea of pitting the greats of Irish and British golf against the best golfers in the United States was a natural extension of his beloved game. In 1979 the challenge was changed to include PGA Europe (Sweden, Spain, Denmark, Italy and Germany), which included all of the top golfers in Europe.
The Ryder Cup alternates its location every two years between the US and Europe. Unlike the Masters, the Ryder Cup has no official home course. Previous Ryder Cups have been hosted by some of the most challenging and beautiful courses in Wales, the U.K., the United States and Spain. It is because the Ryder Cup attracts some of the best players in American and European professional golf that the event is so thrilling year after year. It’s a battle of pride, and combines both teamwork and comradery that you can see when you watch the tournament. Not many American golf fans will ever forget moments like Justin Leonard’s 45-foot putt in 1999 on the 17th hole that would end up winning the tournament for the United States. Be there and witness these amazing moments in person! Score with TicketCity - the place to go for Ryder Cup tickets.
How to Buy Ryder Cup Tickets
1. Scan through the 2016 Ryder Cup Schedule and select the game that you would like to attend, or use the opponent or date filters beside the Ryder Cup ticket listings to find the perfect matchup.
2. Click “Select” to reveal all available Ryder Cup tickets, the Hazeltine National Golf Club interactive seating chart, ticket quantity, and ticket price filters. Use the ticket price filter, and ticket quantity filter to quickly refine your search to the available Ryder Cup tickets that are in your price range. You can also utilize the “eTickets Only” filter to find all Ryder Cup tickets that will be delivered electronically. The Hazeltine National Golf Club interactive map can be employed to reveal all tickets available for a preferred section. Select the perfect tickets and click “Go” to proceed to checkout.
3. Review the checkout page to ensure that the correct Ryder Cup tickets have been selected, and read through any ticket notes or delivery information. If everything looks correct, fill out the checkout information, and purchase your Ryder Cup Tickets!
Need help finding the right Ryder Cup Tickets?
Our Sales are Service team is available 7 days a week at 1-800-880-8886.
2016 Ryder Cup Preview
The Ryder Cup will be state side in 2016 bringing the British and Irish greats to compete against the US at the Hazeltine National Golf Club in Chaska, Minnesota. The legendary golf tournament gets under way on September 27 with the final round of competition taking place on October 2.
The 2016 Ryder Cup team has yet to be determined as golfers continue to compete. Currently Jordan Spieth, Dustin Johnson, and Bubba Watson are all looking to be strong contenders. Phil Mickelson, the most veteran of U.S. Ryder Cup players, is also looking to make his 11th straight Ryder Cup appearance. The top eight players will be finalized at the conclusion of The Barclays in late August. The Captain’s Picks will be chosen at the conclusion of the BMW Championship on September 11 and at the conclusion of the PGA Tour Championship on September 25.
Check out our Ryder Cup Preview History page for previews of previous Ryder Cup tournaments.
- Tuesday, September 27 - Practice Round
- Wednesday, September 28 - Practice Round
- Thursday, September 29 - Practice Round
- Friday, September 30 - Morning Foursomes, Afternoon four-ball - Competitive
- Saturday, October 1 - Morning Foursomes, Afternoon four-ball - Competitive
- Sunday, October 2 - Singles Matches - Competitive
Ryder Cup Event Guide
What days should I get tickets for when I go to the Ryder Cup?
The first few days of the tournament are practice days, than on Friday the competitive rounds begin. We’ll always suggest weekly passes to get the best bang for your buck, but if you can only take in one round, get Sunday. The singles matches are always intense and you can see a team crowned champion at the end of the day.
When is the next time the tournament will be in the United States?
The tournament will be played in the U.S. in 2016 when it is at Hazeltine National Golf Course in Chaska, Minnesota. After that it will go back to Europe to be played in Paris.
What players are usually picked to play for each team?
While it depends what each team’s captain decides is best for the team, you’re likely see Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson play for the U.S., while Luke Donald, Rory McIlroy and Lee Westwood play for Europe.