The Major League Baseball (MLB) All-Star Game is an annual exhibition match between the best players from the American League and the National League, which constitute MLB. Also known as the “Midsummer Classic”, the MLB All-Star Game's history started in 1933 at the World's Fair in Chicago, Illinois. It was to be a one-time only affair, but its popularity led to the game being held annually. The game is played in July and marks what is roughly the halfway mark in the MLB season. It is played on the only two days during the season when no major sports events in are America played. The All-Star Game provides fans with the unique experience of watching their favorite stars from different teams play together.
Players in the MLB All-Star Game are selected by fan voting. The pitchers and reserve players are selected by the managers of the teams from the previous year's World Series. Typically, the managers of the game are the managers of the previous World Series as well. The MLB All-Star Game is more of a three-day event, with parties and kid-friendly fun happening around the host stadium and city throughout the break. Score with TicketCity - the place to go for MLB All-Star Game tickets.
How to Buy MLB All-Star Game Tickets
1. Scan through the 2018 MLB All-Star Game schedule and select the date that you would like to attend.
2. Click “Select” to reveal all available MLB All-Star Game tickets, the Nationals Park interactive seating chart, ticket quantity and ticket price filters. Use the ticket price filter and ticket quantity filter to quickly refine your search to the available MLB All-Star Game tickets that are in your price range. You can also utilize the “eTickets Only” filter to find all MLB All-Star Game tickets that will be delivered electronically. The Nationals Park interactive map can be employed to reveal all tickets available for a preferred section. Select the perfect tickets and click “Go” to proceed to checkout.
3. Review the checkout page to ensure that the correct MLB All-Star Game tickets have been selected and read through any ticket notes or delivery information. If everything looks correct, fill out the checkout information and purchase your MLB All-Star Game Tickets!
2018 MLB All-Star Game Preview
The 2018 MLB All-Star Weekend will kick off at Nationals Park in Washington, D.C., on Sunday, July 15 with the All-Star Futures and Legends & Celebrity Games, followed by the 2018 MLB Home Run Derby on Monday night. The weekend will cap with the 2018 MLB All-Star Game, where the best players in baseball will take the field. Be sure to check back as the game draws nearer to find out who made the rosters and a preview of the MLB All-Star Game.
- Sunday, July 15 - All-Star Futures and Legends & Celebrity Games
- Monday, July 16 - MLB Home Run Derby
- Tuesday, July 17 - MLB All-Star Game
MLB All-Star Game Event Guide
Which All-Star event should I go to?
Each has their niche, but the All-Star Game is one of a kind and is definitely the flagship of the week. The pitching-hitting showdowns are always intense when it's between the best in the game. The Home Run Derby is plenty of fun too, so check out both if you have the time and it's within budget!
When is the best time to buy tickets for the All-Star Game or Home Run Derby?
Now! As we get closer to the event, the anticipation builds up. The voting gets contentious and there are always a few players that everyone wants to see after the first half of the season.