The Pittsburgh Pirates have developed an incredible history that dates all the way back to their first season in the National League in 1887. The Pirates won their first World Series title in 1909 and won their second in 1925. After struggling for the next couple of decades, Pittsburgh made it back to the World Series in 1960 and defeated the New York Yankees to earn their third World Series title. The franchise had their most successful run in the 1970s. During this impressive stretch, the Pirates advanced to six National League Championship Series and two World Series appearances. Pittsburgh defeated the Baltimore Orioles in both of their World Series trips which occurred in 1971 and 1979. The 1979 Pirates team adopted the phrase “We Are Family” after the hit song by the same name from Sister Sledge. Hall of Fame outfielder Roberto Clemente played a huge role in the 1960 and 1971 championship while Willie Stargell impacted the Pirates in the 1979 World Series victory. The Pirates again peaked in the early 1990s as they advanced to the NLCS three straight seasons, but came up short in each series. After many down seasons in the 1990s and 2000s, the organization has peaked in recent years behind perennial All-Star outfielder Andrew McCutchen. Score with TicketCity – the place to go for Pittsburgh Pirates Playoff Tickets.
How to Buy Pittsburgh Pirates Playoff Tickets
1. Scan through the 2017 Pittsburgh Pirates Playoff Schedule and select the game that you would like to attend, or use the opponent or date filters beside the Pittsburgh Pirates Playoff ticket listings to find the perfect matchup.
2. Click “Select” to reveal all available Pittsburgh Pirates Playoff tickets, the PNC Park interactive seating chart, ticket quantity, and ticket price filters. Use the ticket price filter, and ticket quantity filter to quickly refine your search to the available Pittsburgh Pirates Playoff tickets that are in your price range. You can also utilize the “eTickets Only” filter to find all Pittsburgh Pirates Playoff tickets that will be delivered electronically. The PNC Park interactive map can be employed to reveal all tickets available for a preferred section. Select the perfect tickets and click “Go” to proceed to checkout.
3. Review the checkout page to ensure that the correct Pittsburgh Pirates Playoff tickets have been selected, and read through any ticket notes or delivery information. If everything looks correct, fill out the checkout information, and purchase your Pittsburgh Pirates Playoff Tickets!
Need help finding the right Pittsburgh Pirates Playoff Tickets?
Our Sales are Service team is available 7 days a week at 1-800-880-8886.
A return trip to the 2017 MLB playoffs would put the Pirates in position to win their sixth World Series title. To get to that level, the Pirates would have to navigate through a very difficult NL Playoff Schedule. The 2017 Pittsburgh Pirates playoff schedule is determined by the teams final seeding in the 2017 regular season. The final seeding will determine the Pirates playoff opponent, as well as which team would hold home field advantage. 2017 Pittsburgh Pirates playoff tickets are expected to be some of the highest demand tickets in the history of the franchise due to their recent success.
- 2015: Lost NL Wild Card (Chicago Cubs)
- 2014: Lost NL Wild Card (San Francisco Giants)
- 2013: Lost NLDS (St. Louis Cardinals)
Pittsburgh Pirates Playoff Event Guide
How much are 2017 Pittsburgh Pirates Playoff Tickets?
Pittsburgh Pirates Playoff tickets are always in high demand and typically sell quickly once the team clinches a MLB Playoff spot. Pittsburgh Pirates playoff ticket prices are based on demand and availabilty. Typically Pirates playoff ticket prices rise the farther the team advances in the NL playoffs.
Where can I buy cheap 2017 Pittsburgh Pirates Playoff Tickets?
TicketCity has a large inventory of Pittsburgh Pirates home and away playoff tickets. Our inventory includes some of the top seats at competitive prices.
What was the best Pittsburgh Pirates Playoff team of all time?
The Pittsburgh Pirates have fielded some incredible playoff teams over the course of the teams' history. One team that was especially impressive was the 1971 Pittsburgh Pirates playoff team. Led by Roberto Clemente, the Pirates won 7 post season games, on their way to the 1971 World Series title.
Does my child need a ticket to a 2017 Pittsburgh Pirates Playoff Game?
The Pittsburgh Pirates require that all children over 32 inches tall have a ticket to see the Pittsburgh Pirates in the playoffs. If your child is under 32 inches tall, they will be allowed to enter PNC Park without a ticket, but will not have access to their own seat during the game.