The NBA All-Star Game is a game held annually between the top players in the Western and Eastern Conferences of the National Basketball Association. The game is part of All-Star Weekend, held every February, which includes other exhibition activities such as the Rookie Challenge, Slam Dunk Contest, and Three-Point Shootout. The first NBA All-Star Game was held in 1951 in Boston, Massachusetts. The game gives fans the chance to see the best players in the NBA play together in a more relaxed atmosphere. The game is a celebration of basketball and sportsmanship and a real treat for any NBA fan. Check out our NBA All-Star Game Winners for a comprehensive list of previous games.
Players for the NBA All-Star Game are selected in two different ways. NBA fans choose the starters, and the reserves are chosen by coaches, though the coaches cannot vote for their own players. The All-Star teams are coached by the coaches from each conference with the best record through the second week in February. The location of the NBA All-Star Game and All-Star Weekend changes each year, rotating throughout the NBA, with one game also played in Las Vegas. This lets fans see a new NBA home arena each year and visit a new city to watch their basketball heroes compete. It’s a fun event that turns the entire city into NBA central, with activities for kids as well as fun parties for adults. Check out our NBA All-Star Game History page for more information. Score with TicketCity - the place to go for NBA All-Star Game tickets.
How to Buy NBA All-Star Game Tickets
1. Scan through the 2017 NBA All-Star Game Schedule and select the game that you would like to attend, or use the opponent or date filters beside the NBA All-Star Game ticket listings to find the perfect matchup.
2. Click “Select” to reveal all available NBA All-Star Game tickets, the Smoothie King Center interactive seating chart, ticket quantity, and ticket price filters. Use the ticket price filter, and ticket quantity filter to quickly refine your search to the available NBA All-Star Game tickets that are in your price range. You can also utilize the “eTickets Only” filter to find all NBA All-Star Game tickets that will be delivered electronically. The Smoothie King Center interactive map can be employed to reveal all tickets available for a preferred section. Select the perfect tickets and click “Go” to proceed to checkout.
3. Review the checkout page to ensure that the NBA All-Star Game tickets have been selected, and read through any ticket notes or delivery information. If everything looks correct, fill out the checkout information, and purchase your NBA All-Star Game Tickets!
Need help finding the right NBA All-Star Game Tickets?
Our Sales and our Service team are available 7 days a week at 1-800-880-8886.
2017 NBA All-Star Game Preview
The 2017 NBA All-Star Game is headed to New Orleans, LA at the Smoothie King Center for the third time in the history of the game. This will be the first time since Boston in the 1950s that the NBA All-Star Game has ever been played in the same location within a 10 years span and the event is expected to draw some of the largest crowds it has ever seen. The location of the 2017 All-Star Game came with controversy after the game was previously expected to play in Charlotte, North Carolina but was changed to New Orleans in August due to policy changes in North Carolina.
The NBA All-Star weekend includes multiple events, including the All-Star Celebrity Game, Dunk Competition, and 3-point shooting contest. Tip off for the 2017 NBA All-Star Game is slated for Sunday February 19th, 2017. Score with TicketCity - the place to go for the NBA All Star Game tickets.
TicketCity at the NBA All-Star Game
Each year TicketCity has a local presence at the NBA All-Star Game, to assist our clients with ticket pickup and additional purchases. As the weekends' events draw near, our sales associates are available for personal assistance as needed. Therefore, clients have the option to purchase online or over the phone and pick up locally at the event.
- Friday, February 17 - NBA All-Star Rising Stars Challenge (at Smoothie King Center)
- Saturday, February 18 - NBA All-Star Saturday Night (at Smoothie King Center)
- Sunday, February 19 - NBA All-Star Game (at Smoothie King Center)
NBA All-Star Game Event Guide
What event should I go to for the NBA All-Star weekend?
The Slam Dunk competition and All-Star Game are the two marquee events, and they’re both a lot of fun. The Slam Dunk competition gets crazier every year as the participants get more inventive. From Jordan’s jump from the free-throw line to Blake Griffin dunking over a car, there’s always a surprise. The game itself has plenty of dunks, and it’s always high-scoring, so pick whichever sounds more fun – or go to both if you’re able to. If you’re looking just to see some basketball and don’t have the budget for the bigger events, go see the Rising Stars Challenge at a fraction of the price. Check out our NBA All-Star Game Event Guide for more on the NBA All-Star Weekend.
What is the best time to get tickets to the NBA All-Star Game?
Sooner is usually better when it comes to these type of events, as prices tend to fluctuate in the weeks up to the game, and they are unpredictable. If you’re looking for a seat up close, buy way in advance to guarantee a good view of the action, as those tickets are in high demand every year.
How can I buy cheap NBA All-Star Game tickets?
TicketCity offers a large selection of NBA All-Star Game tickets which includes some of the lowest priced seats on the market. NBA All-Star Game ticket prices don’t fluctuate as much as regular games, and carry a big demand every year as the participants are always the best in the game of basketball. You’ll see all-stars and future hall of famers like Lebron James, Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony, and many, many more. The NBA All-Star Game is one of the biggest sporting events in the world and the whole weekend is an experience that will be unforgettable, so get tickets early to avoid the rush the month before the game.