TicketCity's first annual ranking of the most engaged men's college basketball fan bases is based on an algorithm designed to identify the fan bases that engage the most frequently with their team both online and offline.
Fan engagement is evaluated in terms of the following metrics. Each metric was given a corresponding weight, listed in bold, which was determined based on how indicative the metric is of fan activity. For example, home attendance, home capacity and average home ticket price are weighted higher because they are a better direct reflection of home team behavior. Similarly, online metrics are not weighted as high as offline metrics because they reflect only the team-sanctioned social channel and do not account for other fan communities.
- Average home attendance (15)
- Average % capacity at home stadium (10)
- Average ticket price (10)
- Facebook likes: Offical team page (10)
- Facebook likes: Offical athletics page (4)
- Twitter following: official team handle (10)
- Attendance Numbers: Wikipedia.org, ESPN.com
- Ticket Prices: TicketCity, Other Secondary Ticket Brokers
- Capacity: Wikipedia.org
- Other Sources: Facebook.com, Twitter.com, Individual Team Webpages