What We Did
TicketCity's ranking of the most engaged MLB fan bases is based on an algorithm designed to identify the fan bases that engage the most frequently with their team both online and offline.
How We Did It
Fan engagement is evaluated in terms of the following metrics. The data is based on the 2018 season, based on games played and data available prior to May 10. Each metric was given a corresponding weight, listed in bold, which was determined based on how indicative the metric is of fan activity. For example, home attendance, capacity and average ticket price are weighted higher because they are a better direct reflection of home team behavior. Similarly, online metrics are not weighted as high as offline metrics because they reflect only the team-sanctioned social channel and do not account for other fan communities.
- Average total attendance, all games (5)
- Average home attendance (10)
- Average home game ticket price (10)
- Percentage of stadium capacity filled at home games (10)
- Social Media Following & Engagement rating based on Twitter Followers, Twitter Mentions, Facebook Followers and Facebook Engagements. (7)
For more information, contact Shannon McKinley at