As one of the four major tournaments on the PGA Tour, the PGA Championship brings out the best in its competitors as they vie to bring home the coveted gold jacket. As the final major in the PGA Tour season, the tournament has been dubbed "Glory's Last Shot," and brings a sense of urgency to the golf calendar each August. The tournament dates back to the early days of golf with a history established in 1916, beginning as a match play tournament and switching over to stroke play in 1958. The event cycles through a number of country clubs each year, but the 2016 event will be held at the breathtaking Baltusrol Golf Club in Springfield, NJ, and carries a prize purse of $8 million. The PGA Championship has been a make-or-break time for many golfers to make a serious run at the world rankings and solidify their place among the top players in the world. There have been many Notable PGA Championships over the years creating an extremely note-worthy PGA Championship Winners List.
The PGA Championship is played at different courses throughout the country, so it doesn’t have a home course like the Masters does. It has been home to great performances on the course, and today the tournament record for overall wins is still held by Walter Hagen and Jack Nicklaus, who have each won the event five times. Check out our list of PGA Championship winners. The PGA is one of four major championships in professional golf, and is the final one played in the season. With the prestige of a major tournament and the venue being some of the best courses in the world, this is a tournament you don’t want to pass up. Score with TicketCity - the place to go for PGA Championship Golf tickets.
How to Buy PGA Championship Tickets
1. Scan through the 2016 PGA Championship Schedule and select the game that you would like to attend, or use the opponent or date filters beside the PGA Championship ticket listings to find the perfect matchup.
2. Click “Select” to reveal all available PGA Championship tickets, the Baltusrol Golf Club interactive seating chart, ticket quantity, and ticket price filters. Use the ticket price filter, and ticket quantity filter to quickly refine your search to the available PGA Championship tickets that are in your price range. You can also utilize the “eTickets Only” filter to find all PGA Championship tickets that will be delivered electronically. The Baltusrol Golf Club interactive map can be employed to reveal all tickets available for a preferred section. Select the perfect tickets and click “Go” to proceed to checkout.
3. Review the checkout page to ensure that the correct PGA Championship tickets have been selected, and read through any ticket notes or delivery information. If everything looks correct, fill out the checkout information, and purchase your PGA Championship Tickets!
Need help finding the right PGA Championship Tickets?
Our Sales are Service team is available 7 days a week at 1-800-880-8886.
2016 PGA Championship Preview
The 2016 PGA Championship will be contested from July 28-31 at Baltusrol Golf Club in Springfield, NJ. The PGA Championship takes place at Baltusrol Golf Club as a way to commemorate a century since the founding of the PGA of America in nearby New York City. Last year Jason Day won the PGA Championship. Day's top competition at the 2016 PGA Championship will likely be from Jordan Spieth, Dustin Johnson, and Adam Scott.
Check out our PGA Championship Preview History page for previews of previous PGA Championship tournaments.
- Monday, July 25th - Practice Round
- Tuesday, July 26th - Practice Round
- Wednesday, July 27th - Practice Round
- Thursday, July 28th - Competitive Round 1
- Friday, July 29th - Competitive Round 2
- Saturday, July 30th - Competitive Round 3
- Sunday, July 31st - Competitive Round 4
PGA Championship Event Guide
What is the best time to purchase tickets for the PGA Championship?
The earlier the better, as demand does fluctuate throughout the months leading up to the tournament due to the PGA Championship being the last major of the year.
What day should I purchase tickets for?
That depends on what you’re looking to see. If you want to see the most players out at once, get a Thursday or Friday ticket. If you want to see the tournament come down to the wire and a champion crowned, definitely get a Sunday ticket and park by the 18th hole or follow the leaders group through the round. For more information, check out our PGA Championship Event Guide
How can I buy cheap PGA Championship tickets?
TicketCity offers a large selection of PGA Championship tickets which includes some of the lowest prices on the market. PGA Championship ticket prices fluctuate based on demand for the tournament throughout the months leading up to it. You’ll see the best golfers in the world, including Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson and Rory McIlroy. The PGA Championship is one of the biggest golf tournaments of the season, so get tickets early to avoid the rush leading up to the tournament.
Where can I find the 2016 PGA Championship schedule?
The 2016 PGA Championship schedule is listed as soon as it is announced by the tournament officials. For the 2016 tournament, the PGA Championship action will begin on Monday, July 25th with a practice round. Tuesday and Wednesday are also practice days, and a good time to get a more relaxed atmosphere with the golfers. Thursday through Sunday is the four-day tournament, with the victor crowned at the conclusion of play on Sunday afternoon. Gates typically open an hour before the first tee-time of the day, but are at the course’s discretion.