The Austin Rodeo is two-week rodeo, concert and carnival extravaganza that takes place each spring at the Travis County Expo Center just east of Austin, Texas. The Austin Rodeo history dates back to 1938. The Austin Rodeo is also known as The Star of Texas Fair & Rodeo.
Austin rodeo tickets include both the Pro Rodeo performance and the concert afterwards. Carnival rides and Fairground activities are not included in the ticket price. Rides typically cost a few dollars or you can purchase a carnival wristband which allows for unlimited free rides. There is a BBQ cook-off that includes some of the top barbecue teams from across the State of Texas. The Star of Texas Fair also has featured nights like “Family Day” and “Military Day” which include many special activities. Past Austin Rodeo acts, include: Clay Walker, Demi Lovato, Dierks Bentley, Gretchen Wilson, Merle Haggard, Miranda Lambert, Randy Rogers Band, The Band Perry and Willie Nelson. TicketCity is based in Austin, Texas and a great source for Austin rodeo tickets.
How to Buy Austin Rodeo Tickets
1. Scan through the 2016 Austin Rodeo Schedule and select the game that you would like to attend, or use the opponent or date filters beside the Austin Rodeo ticket listings to find the perfect matchup.
2. Click “Select” to reveal all available Austin Rodeo tickets, the Travis County Expo Center interactive seating chart, ticket quantity, and ticket price filters. Use the ticket price filter, and ticket quantity filter to quickly refine your search to the available Austin Rodeo tickets that are in your price range. You can also utilize the “eTickets Only” filter to find all Austin Rodeo tickets that will be delivered electronically. The Travis County Expo Center interactive map can be employed to reveal all tickets available for a preferred section. Select the perfect tickets and click “Go” to proceed to checkout.
3. Review the checkout page to ensure that the correct Austin Rodeo tickets have been selected, and read through any ticket notes or delivery information. If everything looks correct, fill out the checkout information, and purchase your Austin Rodeo Tickets!
Need help finding the right Austin Rodeo Tickets?
Our Sales are Service team is available 7 days a week at 1-800-880-8886.
2017 Austin Rodeo Concert Lineup Preview
The 2016 Austin Rodeo kicks off on March 12, 2016 with a concert lineup full of today's top country stars including Willie Nelson, Gary Allan, Josh Abbott Band, and more. Checkout a full list of Austin Rodeo performers below.
- Mar. 12 - Willie Nelson & Family
- Mar. 13 - The Mavericks
- Mar. 14 - Grouplove
- Mar. 15 - Gary Allan
- Mar. 16 - Andy Grammer
- Mar. 17 - Josh Abbot Band
- Mar. 18 - Turnpike Troubadours
- Mar. 19 - Cam
- Mar. 20 - Tanya Tucker
- Mar. 21 - Diamond Rio
- Mar. 22 - Boyz Smokey Robinson
- Mar. 23 - Brett Eldredgee
- Mar. 24 - Eli Young Band
- Mar. 25 - Josh Turner
- Mar. 26 - Kevin Fowler
The Travis County Expo Center is the home of the Austin Rodeo. The Expo Center is located on Decker Lane, which is approximately 20 minutes east of downtown Austin. There is plenty of parking, but get there early to avoid backups which occur at peak times. The Travis County Expo Center is setup with a carnival area, a separate livestock show area and then an indoor rodeo area where the concerts are played.
Austin Rodeo Event Guide
How much is parking at the Star of Texas Austin rodeo?
Parking at the Austin Rodeo is typically $10.00 per vehicle.
How can I buy cheap Austin Rodeo tickets?
TicketCity offers a large selection of Austin Rodeo tickets which includes some of the lowest priced seats on the market. Austin Rodeo ticket prices can fluctuate based on demand for certain performers and when they play. TicketCity has been a source for Austin Rodeo tickets since the inception of the rodeo and your local source for tickets. The Austin Rodeo is one of the best rodeo lineups year after year, so if you’re looking for cheap tickets you may want to act early.
Where can I find the Austin Rodeo schedule?
The Austin Rodeo schedule is listed on TicketCity as soon as it is made available by the event. All dates and artists are posted when it is released, as well as times. The rodeo has both rodeo events throughout the day and big-name concerts in the evenings. Your concert ticket gives you admission to the show in your specific seat, but you can also check out all the attractions around the arena and see some of the best cowboys and rodeo acts in the country. The 2016 Austin Rodeo runs from March 12-16 at the Travis County Expo Center.
What are the best restaurants to eat at in Austin when in-town for the Austin Rodeo?
The Austin Rodeo provides plenty of BBQ options, so try some of Austin’s best TexMex. Matt’s El Rancho in South Austin is one of Austin's most famous restaurants. Other popular TexMex locations in central Austin are Chuy’s, and Maudie’s. Visit Enchiladas Y Mas for authentic, delicious Mexican food.