The Western and Southern Open has become a Cincinnati, Ohio, tradition ever since it started at the Avondale Athletic Club nearly a century ago. Since then, the tournament has been held at the Lindner Family Tennis Center and has become a huge draw in the Cincinnati metropolitan area. It is one of only five tennis events worldwide, outside of the Grand Slams, where the men and women play at the same courts during the same week. The event is held each year in early August and takes great advantage of the beautiful late summer weather. Spread over the tennis center's 16 hard courts, the Western and Southern Open is a major stop on the ATP/WTA tour and is always met by enthusiastic crowds year after year.
The tournament is sometimes referred to at the Cincinnati Masters or the Cincinnati Open by locals, but the event is known as the Western and Southern Open for sponsorship purposes. The tournament usually draws some of the biggest names in men's and women's tennis, and nine of the past 10 Western and Southern Open champions have held the No. 1 worldwide ranking at some point during their careers. Head to Ohio for some of the best tennis you can see before the players get into the U.S. Open that begins right after the Western and Southern Open. Score with TicketCity - the place to go for Western and Southern Open tickets.
How to Buy Western and Southern Open Tickets
1. Scan through the 2016 Western and Southern Open Schedule and select the game that you would like to attend, or use the opponent or date filters beside the Western and Southern Open ticket listings to find the perfect matchup.
2. Click “Select” to reveal all available Western and Southern Open tickets, the Lindner Family Tennis Center interactive seating chart, ticket quantity, and ticket price filters. Use the ticket price filter, and ticket quantity filter to quickly refine your search to the available Western and Southern Open tickets that are in your price range. You can also utilize the “eTickets Only” filter to find all Western and Southern Open tickets that will be delivered electronically. The Lindner Family Tennis Center interactive map can be employed to reveal all tickets available for a preferred section. Select the perfect tickets and click “Go” to proceed to checkout.
3. Review the checkout page to ensure that the Western and Southern Open tickets have been selected, and read through any ticket notes or delivery information. If everything looks correct, fill out the checkout information, and purchase your Western and Southern Open Tickets!
Need help finding the right Western and Southern Open Tickets?
Our Sales are Service team is available 7 days a week at 1-800-880-8886.
2016 Western and Southern Open Preview
The 2016 Western and Southern Open kicks off on August 13th, with the Men’s and Women’s finals set to take place on August 21st. 2016 marks the 115th Western and Southern Open tournament, and the tournament has solidified itself as the oldest tennis tournament in the U.S. played in its original city, Cincinnati. On the men’s side, Roger Federer returns as a front-runner, looking to win a 3rd West and Southern Open in a row. There will be some competition for the win against Novak Djokovic and Andy Murray who are the No. 1 and No. 2 in the tennis world. For the women’s, Serena Williams is ready to defend her 2014 and 2015 wins in the Western and Southern Open. The best of the best will be ready to compete in the 2016 Western and Southern open this summer.
Check out our Western and Southern Open Preview History page for previews of previous Western and Southern Open tennis tournaments.
Western and Southern Open at the Lindner Family Tennis Center Address: 5460 Courseview Dr, Mason, Ohio, 45040
The Western and Southern Open Masters is one of the most popular tournaments in tennis, and is one of the best ATP tournaments in North America, helping prep players for the U.S. Open. The tournament is played at the Lindner Family Tennis Center and is also known as the Cincinnati Masters. Over 175,000 tennis fans attended the 2012 tournament and it continues to break previous records each year. The facility, the Lindner Family Tennis Center, went through a $10 million upgrade and hosts a slew of other events including the Atlantic 10 Conference tennis tournament.
- Saturday, August 13 - Men's and Women's Qualifier
- Sunday, August 14 - Men's and Women's Qualifier and Men's Main Draw
- Monday, August 15 - Men's and Women's First Rounds
- Tuesday, August 16 - Men's and Women's First & Second Rounds
- Wednesday, August 17 - Men's and Women's Middle Rounds
- Thursday, August 18 - Men's and Women's Round of 16
- Friday, August 19 - Men's and Women's Quarterfinals
- Saturday, August 20 - Men's and Women's Semifinals
- Sunday, August 21 - Men's and Women's Singles Final & Doubles Finals
Western and Southern Open Event Guide
What can I not bring into the Western and Southern Open?
No food, ice chests, professional video cameras or tennis racquets are allowed inside the tennis center. Smoking is also not permitted anywhere inside Lindner Family Tennis Center. Check the Western and Southern Open website for a full list of what you can and can’t bring in.
What are the best hotels to stay at for the Western and Southern Open?
The Comfort Suites is probably the best combination of distance and price, being only one mile away from the tennis center. If this is a family affair, try the Great Wolf Lodge. It’s only 1.5 miles from the tournament and is a hotel/80,000 sq. ft. waterpark.
What is the draw for the Western and Southern Open tennis tournament?
There are 64 entrants in both the men’s and women’s singles draws, while there are 32 doubles teams in each of the men’s and women’s draws.
Where can I find the 2016 Western and Southern Open schedule?
The 2016 Western and Southern Open schedule is listed as soon as it is announced by the tournament. TicketCity has the complete schedule listed above for this year’s tournament, down to the times for both the day and night sessions. The times are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances with the weather in Ohio. All times listed are Eastern, and the gates will open at approximately one hour before the first match for each session. The Western and Southern Open, also known as the Cincinnati Masters, welcomes folks to a relaxing atmosphere from August 13-21.
Why is the Western and Southern Open also called the Cincinnati Masters?
The tournament is one of nine Masters 1000 tournaments on the ATP world tour, and even through the corporate sponsorship, it keeps the moniker for many people. The tournament began as the Cincinnati Open in 1899, but is not known as such these days.