Wimbledon, formally known as The Championships, Wimbledon, is the oldest and most prestigious tennis championship event. This highly respected event has attracted world renowned tennis players throughout the years producing some of the most notable Wimbledon matches to date. Wimbledon is permanently played at the All England Tennis Club in London, where it seats 3,000 spectators. The All England Club has hosted the tournament since 1877 when it was known as the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club. Wimbledon has unique traditions and History of its own. Strawberries and cream are served as a traditional snack for audiences. Also, Wimbledon enforces a strict dress code, where all players are required to wear almost all white. No other Grand Slam Tournament enforces such a strict dress code for its players.
Wimbledon originally held events for Men's Singles competition only, but later added four more main events to its matches - Women's Singles, Men's Doubles, Women's Doubles and Mixed Doubles. Wimbledon starts with a total of 128 players each year vying for the coveted Wimbledon trophy, title and monetary prizes, as well as recognition as Wimbledon Champions. Score with TicketCity - the place to go for Wimbledon tennis tickets.
How to Buy Wimbledon Tickets
1. Scan through the 2018 Wimbledon schedule and select the event that you would like to attend or use the opponent or date filters beside the Wimbledon ticket listings to find the perfect matchup.
2. Click “Select” to reveal all available Wimbledon tickets, the All England Tennis Club interactive seating chart, ticket quantity and ticket price filters. Use the ticket price filter and ticket quantity filter to quickly refine your search to the available Wimbledon tickets that are in your price range. You can also utilize the “eTickets Only” filter to find all Wimbledon tickets that will be delivered electronically. The All England Club interactive map can be employed to reveal all tickets available for a preferred section. Select the perfect tickets and click “Go” to proceed to checkout.
3. Review the checkout page to ensure that the Wimbledon tickets have been selected and read through any ticket notes or delivery information. If everything looks correct, fill out the checkout information and purchase your Wimbledon tickets!
2018 Wimbledon Preview
The All England Tennis Club in London will be hosting the top tennis players in the world at the 2018 Wimbledon Tennis Tournament. Roger Federer won last year's Wimbledon Tournament in Men's Singles and leads the early ATP World Tour Rankings in 2018 with Rafael Nadal close behind, but a big lead on the rest of the field. Juan Martin del Potro defeated Federer in the championship match of the BNP Paribas Open and could be considered a darkhorse this year. For the women's side, Garbine Muguruza - last year's winner as the 15th seed over 10th-seeded Venus Williams - has to be considered a favorite as she is in the top 3 of the WTA Rankings along with two of last year's top five seeds, Simona Halep and Caroline Wozniacki.
Wimbledon at The All England Tennis Club Address: Church Rd, Wimbledon, London SW19 5AE, United Kingdom
Wimbledon is the most prestigious tennis tournament in the world. It is played every summer in London, England, in the borough of Wimbledon at the All England Tennis Club. The club's patron is Queen Elizabeth II, and it has only 375 full members. The club has 19 grass courts - which it is famous for worldwide - and Wimbledon is the only major tournament to be played on grass. The largest court is Centre Court, with the next two being Court No. 1 and Court No. 2.
- Monday, July 3 - Men's and Women's Singles First Round
- Tuesday, July 3 - Men's and Women's Singles First Round
- Wednesday, July 4 - Men's and Women's Singles Second Round, Men's and Women's Doubles First Round
- Thursday, July 5 - Men's and Women's Singles Second Round, Men's and Women's Doubles First Round
- Friday, July 6 - Men's and Women's Singles Third Round, Men's and Women's Doubles Second Round
- Saturday, July 7 - Men's and Women's Singles Third Round, Men's and Women's Doubles Second Round, Mixed Doubles First Round
- Sunday, July 8 - No Play
- Monday, July 9 - Men's and Women's Singles Fourth Round, Men's and Women's Doubles Third Round, Mixed Doubles First Round
- Tuesday, July 10 - Women's Singles Quarterfinals, Men's and Women's Doubles Quarterfinals
- Wednesday, July 11 - Men's Singles Quarterfinals, Women's Doubles Semifinals
- Thursday, July 12 - Women's Singles Semifinals, Men's Doubles Semifinals
- Friday, July 13 - Men's Singles Semifinals, Men's Doubles Semifinals, Mixed Doubles Quarterfinals
- Saturday, July 14 - Women's Finals, Men's and Women's Doubles Finals, Mixed Doubles Semifinals
- Sunday, July 15 - Men's Singles Finals, Mixed Doubles Finals