The US Open is the 4th major tennis tournament each year and played at the historic United States Tennis Association (USTA) Billie Jean King National Tennis Center at Flushing Meadows in Queens, New York City. There are two sessions per day during the two weeks of the US Open tennis tournament, the morning session at 11am and a night session at 7pm. There have been some legendary matches during the night session that stretched well past midnight, but that is part of what makes the US Open one of the most electrifying sporting events in the World. There are 5 main championships awarded at the US Open, including; Men's Singles, Women's Singles, Men's Doubles, Women's Doubles and Mixed Doubles.
Over the 130 years since the US Open was founded there have been many famous champions and lasting memories made. Bill Tilden, Richard Sears and Margaret Osborne DuPont dominated the early years. Bille Jean King, Chris Evert, Martina Navratilova, Jimmy Connors and John McEnroe revived the great tournament in the 1970's and '80s. Ivan Lendl, Pete Sampras and Andre Agassi kept up the interest in the US Open until today. Currently some of the greatest players in the history if tennis are on the courts at Arthur Ashe Stadium; Serena Williams, Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic are all future tennis hall of famers. To learn more, visit our past champions page, record holders page, or event guide. Score with TicketCity - the place to go for US Open tickets.
How to Buy US Open Tennis Tickets
1. Scan through the 2016 US Open Tennis Schedule and select the game that you would like to attend, or use the opponent or date filters beside the US Open Tennis ticket listings to find the perfect matchup.
2. Click “Select” to reveal all available US Open Tennis tickets, the Arthur Ashe Stadium interactive seating chart, ticket quantity, and ticket price filters. Use the ticket price filter, and ticket quantity filter to quickly refine your search to the available US Open Tennis tickets that are in your price range. You can also utilize the “eTickets Only” filter to find all US Open Tennis tickets that will be delivered electronically. The Arthur Ashe Stadium interactive map can be employed to reveal all tickets available for a preferred section. Select the perfect tickets and click “Go” to proceed to checkout.
3. Review the checkout page to ensure that the US Open Tennis tickets have been selected, and read through any ticket notes or delivery information. If everything looks correct, fill out the checkout information, and purchase your US Open Tennis Tickets!
Need help finding the right US Open Tennis Tickets?
Our Sales are Service team is available 7 days a week at 1-800-880-8886.
2016 US Open Preview
The 2016 US Open Tennis Tournament opens up on August 29th, with the Women’s Final set for September 10th, and the Men’s Final a day later on September 11th. The favorites to bring home the 2016 US Open Tennis Championship will be many of the familiar faces from years past. Last year’s US Open Men’s Champion, Novak Djokovic returns as a heavy favorite in 2016 as he looks to win a 3rd US Open title since 2011. Other favorites on the men’s side will be 5 time US Open Champion Roger Federer, who looks to add another title in the Swan Song of his career, as well as previous champions Andy Murray, Marin Cilic, and Rafeal Nadal. On the Women’s side, expect Serena Williams to return with a vengeance, after missing out on a season sweep of the grand slams in the US Open Final a year ago. 2016 US Open tickets are on sale now.
Check out our US Open Preview History page for previews of previous US Open tennis tournaments.
US Open Tennis at Arthur Ashe Stadium Address: 124-02 Roosevelt Ave, Flushing, New York, 11368
There are over 30 tennis courts at the USTA National Tennis Center, but the primary courts for the US Open tournament are Arthur Ashe Stadium and Louis Armstrong Stadium. The main court is located inside Arthur Ashe Stadium, which seats approximately 22,500 tennis fans. The tournament is played on a hard court surface and there is not a retractable roof so rain can be a factor. Please read TicketCity's Rain-Out Policy and Rain-Out Protection. The US Open tennis tournament includes 26 sessions and each US Open session requires a separate ticket. TicketCity is one of the best sources for US Open tennis tournament tickets.
US Open Courtside Boxes
Courtside boxes (or seats) get you so close to the action that you can often hear the players talking on the court. They include sections 1-67 and the rows on the side start with row AA, then go from row A to row G with each letter having two rows because they are a box. There are fewer rows behind the court, which generally start with row E. A typical Courtside box includes 4 seats in-front and 4 seats behind those (4+4), but some come with 3+3 or other setups. A Courtside box can be purchased as a whole box or individual tickets within a box. It is commonplace, when you purchase a pair of 4-seats, to have one person sitting behind due to the 3+3 configuration of the box. The term “box” is just a geographic location in the stadium that is contained by a railing; it is not a luxury box. Courtside seats are some of the most desirable seats at Arthur Ashe Stadium and where the celebrities in attendance will be sitting.
US Open Loge Level
Loge level seats are one level up from the Courtside seats and provide a nice view of the tennis action. They include sections 101-136 with each section containing rows A-N.
US Open Promenade
The top-level at Arthur Ashe Stadium is the Promenade, which includes sections 301 to 340 and up to 25 rows per section. The Promenade offers a clear view of the tennis and allows you to still feel the electricity of a US Open tennis match. Dress warmly for evening sessions, as it can be chilly in the high rows of the Promenade.
US Open Luxury Suites
There are luxury suites available for certain US Open matches, contact TicketCity for more details.
2016 US Open Tennis Tournament Schedule
- 8/27 -Arthur Ashe Kids Day - 9:30am
- 8/29 -Session 01 - 11:00am - Men's & Women's 1st Round
- 8/29 -Session 02 - 7:00pm - Men's & Women's 1st Round
- 8/30 -Session 03 - 11:00am - Men's & Women's 1st Round
- 8/30 -Session 04 - 7:00pm - Men's & Women's 1st Round
- 8/31 -Session 05 - 11:00am - Men's & Women's 2nd Round
- 8/31 -Session 06 - 7:00pm - Men's & Women's 2nd Round
- 9/1 -Session 07 - 11:00am - Men's & Women's 2nd Round
- 9/1 -Session 08 - 7:00pm - Men's & Women's 2nd Round
- 9/2 -Session 09 - 11:00am - Men's & Women's 3rd Round
- 9/2 -Session 10 - 7:00pm - Men's & Women's 3rd Round
- 9/3 -Session 11 - 11:00am - Men's & Women's 3rd Round
- 9/3 -Session 12 - 7:00pm - Men's & Women's 3rd Round
- 9/4 -Session 13 - 11:00am - Men's & Women's 4th Round
- 9/4 -Session 14 - 7:00pm - Men's & Women's 4th Round
- 9/5 -Session 15 - 11:00am - Men's & Women's 4th Round - Day
- 9/5 -Session 16 - 7:00pm - Men's & Women's 4th Round - Night
- 9/6 -Session 17 - 11:00am - Men's & Women's Quarterfinals
- 9/6 -Session 18 - 7:00pm - Men's & Women's Quarterfinals
- 9/7 -Session 19 - 11:00am - Men's & Women's Quarterfinals
- 9/7 -Session 20 - 7:00pm - Men's & Women's Quarterfinals
- 9/8 -Session 21 - 7:00pm - Women's Semifinals
- 9/9 -Session 22 - 7:00pm - Mixed Doubles Final & Men's Semifinals
- 9/10 -Session 23 - 12:00pm - Men's Doubles Final & Womens Final
- 9/11 -Session 24 - 12:00pm - Women's Doubles Final & Men's Final
- Schedule subject to change
TicketCity is not affiliated with the US Open Tennis Tournament, the official US Open website, the USTA, the National Tennis Center or Arthur Ashe Stadium.